I’m loving September!! I like how September is sort of a new year/fresh start, since school has started for kids. And the weather is great. It’s put an extra pep in my step these last few weeks. I’ve gotten a renewed energy for baking and blogging.
And getting an award isn’t too shabby either. 😉
I was recently given The Versatile Blogger award on Stephanie’s blog: Eat. Drink. Love. and on Samantha’s blog: From the Little Ferraro Kitchen. I recommend you check out the blogs of these 2 lovely ladies. Hello Nutella Cupcakes. Hello Creme Brulee. (I have NO CLUE how to make creme brulee!)
The rules of the Versatile Blogger award are to:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 other bloggers!
Thanks again to Stephanie and Samantha!! You gals rock. Bloggers really are the nicest people. 🙂
Seven Random Things About Me:
1. I always leave the closed captions on when I watch TV. I’m sort of addicted to it. I can hear fine, but I worry that I’ll miss some crucial piece of dialogue without the closed captions on to save me.
2. I have 2 tattoos…one on each ankle. I was 18 years old when I got my first tattoo. I was still living at home at the time. My Dad was so mad when he found out and made me give back his Phillips 66 gas credit card. Boo! (But he gave it back a month later…I win!) 🙂
3. I’m going to see The Script and SafetySuit in concert this Friday.
4. My Mom and I have the same favorite movies: Pretty Woman, Working Girl, and Four Wedding and a Funeral (I’m thinking a Mother/Daughter DVD watching day should happen soon.)
5. I swear that we saw Mr. T at a restaurant when I was a senior in high school in San Antonio for Spring Break. Supposedly, I’m the only “fool” that thinks it was him. But I know it was! 🙂
6. My favorite Halloween costume as a kid was when I was a Shirt Tale. I was Rick Raccoon two years in a row. (Reading that website, it says that Rick’s character asked a lot of questions. Ha! If you meet me in real life, you’ll find that I’ll ask you 1001 questions in 2.5 minutes.)
7. Every time I drive to my parents, I pass the Powerball billboard that tells you how much the jackpot is. The rest of the drive, I dream of what I would do with that money. But I have never bought a ticket!
Now I’m passing the award on to some other awesome bloggers:
1. Kevin: Rock Star Dad
2. Mary: Fervent Foodie
3. Kristen: Confessions of a (Not-So) Domesticated Newlywed
4. Miss: Miss In The Kitchen
5. Rachel: Good Thymes & Good Food
6. Tessa: Handle the Heat
7. Julie: Julie’s Eats & Treats
8. MJ: MJ’s Kitchen
Whew, I’m beat and stopping at 8, sorry! If one of you 8 already got the award from another blogger, well then you’re just that much more fabulous!! 🙂