I love reading books almost as much as I love buying books.
And I love recap lists.
Here’s a list of books I read this year. So, that you think I’m smart & worldly!!
It’s mostly because I need a record of what I read to refresh the ol’ memory.
Books Read in 2011
* = a book that I’d recommend to others to read
1. Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger *
If you liked reading The Time Traveler’s Wife, you’ll probably like this book. It has mystical theme too.
2. Room by Emma Donoghue *
It takes awhile to get used to the book being written by the point of view of a child, but very unique and original!
3. The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister *
I loved this book, but I lent it to a friend and she did not. But if you’re a foodie, I think you’ll enjoy it!
4. Blonde by Joyce Carol Oates
A different friend loooooves this book. I haaaaaaated this book.
5. A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore
6. Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby *
We were a split camp at book club with this one. I really enjoyed the book and related to the female character a lot.
7. Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin
8. Miles from Nowhere by Nami Mun
9. The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
10. Ghost, Interrupted by Sonia Singh
11. St. Lucy’s Home for Girls Raised by Wolves by Karen Russell
12. The Girl Next Door by Elizabeth Noble
13. Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner *
14. This Is Where We Live by Janelle Brown
15. Joy for Beginners by Erica Bauermeister *
16. The Jewel Box by Anna Davis
17. Blood, Bones, and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton *
A good chef memoir!
18. The Violets of March by Sarah Jio ***
My favorite book that I read this year!
19. Labor Day by Joyce Maynard *
20. Ice Land by Betsy Tobin
21. Commencement by J Courtney Sullivan
What should I read in 2012?? I’m currently working on The Tiger’s Wife. And I am going to read The Hunger Games triology in Jan/Feb.