In 2012, I upped my reading game by purchasing an iPad. After going to book club once and being the only one without an e-Reader, the peer pressure got to me. Oh yeah, I wanted to read the shameful 50 Shades of Grey books without having to buy the books in-person.
The 50 Shades books were horrid….although I still read all three of them. But my iPad reading and I are two peas in a pod.
In 2011, I read 21 books. Let’s see how 2012 panned out.
Books Read in 2012
1. The Tiger’s Wife by Tea Obreht
2. The Bungalow by Sarah Jio
3. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
I love this book so much!!! 2012 was definitely the year that I got more into reading memoirs.
4. Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe
Really enjoyed this book too!
5-7. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
8. How I Became a Famous Novelist by Steve Hely
9. Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin
10-11. Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
12. MWF Seeking BFF by Rachel Bertsche
After moving to Austin, this book really helped me in my quest to make friends!
13. How to Be an American Housewife by Margaret Dilloway
14. The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern
15. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Haven’t you read this book yet?!?!?! It’s only been on everyone’s top books of 2012 lists, including mine!
16. How To Be a Woman by Caitline Moran
Other people really enjoyed this book. Sadly, I was not a fan.
17-19. 50 Shades of Grey trilogy by E L James
Sorry, lapse of judgement there…
20. The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
21. White Jacket Required by Jenna Weber
22. Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich
23. The Affair by Lee Child
Lee Child writes the Jack Reacher books, which is currently a movie out with Tom Cruise. They are solid “guy books”. An easy read, but not my normal choice of book.
24. The Confession by John Grisham
25. The Soldier’s Wife by Margaret Leroy
26. Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips
This book is being made into a movie too. I enjoyed the book…even without knowing a lick about mythology. If you studied mythology in school, you may enjoy it even more than I did.
27. Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan
I just finished this book today!! I really enjoyed it and am anxious to see what my book club thinks about it when we meet in January.
What was your favorite book that you read this year??