My sweet Boston Terrier, Haley, turned 10 years old today!!
She was unfazed by crossing over to the double digit milestone.
My Hales has seen me through a marriage, divorce, moving to NC, moving back to KS, moving to TX, and switching jobs. She’s seen me at my best…and certainly at my worst. But she’ll never tell!
We celebrated today by going for a walk followed by copious amounts of Beggin’ Strips. I replenished her supply of rawhide bones and got her a plush squeaky toy–I expect it to last 3 days before the stuffing is everywhere.
Happy Birthday, Haley!
1. I finally got on the Downton Abbey bandwagon this week! Please tell me that Mr. Bates and Anna get married!! When will MY Mr. Bates come into my life?! I may throw a temper tantrum if Season 2 Disc 1 isn’t in my mailbox tomorrow.
2. I’ve been dreaming of Trader Joe’s horseradish pub cheese since I had it at my friend, Sarah’s, in Charlotte. Sadly, there is no TJ’s in Austin (until next year!) But I did find Pub Cheese at Super Target this week!! Hot Buffalo Wing flavored pretzels dipped in pub cheese…DO IT!
3. After reading so many positive things about the Clarisonic, I bought one myself. I’ve always had bad skin, which at 33 years old is utterly unfair. Clarisonic, bring me a skin miracle!
4. I went to JCP this week to buy my Mom a Mother’s Day present. Annnnd, I bought myself this ring and 2 pairs of sunglasses. Loving the ring!
Don’t worry…I got Mom a present too.
5. I gave Haley a bath yesterday. Ha! Obviously, you can tell that she just looooooves baths. Hehehe. She will turn ignore me for the next 48 hours to punish me for her bath torture.
Have a great Cinco de Mayo / Kentucky Derby Day!
1. I recently signed up for a Birchbox subscription. Once a month, you get a box with 4-5 beauty samples. It’s not practical, but it’s fun.
I got my first Birchbox this month. It had: Jouer lipgloss (the color is less harsh when you’re wearing it than in the tube), Juicy Couture perfume (which I’ve already used it all), Zoya nail polish (currently wearing it & liking it a lot), and some eye cream. Ladies can always use eye cream!!!
2. Self-serve froyo places are the BEST!
I could have gotten a separate bowl just for more Twix bars too.
3. I got the Camera+ app on my iPhone this week. I learned about it from Janetha. It’s awesome!!
My favorite Haley picture so far:
4. I got these cute Valentine’s Day towels from my friend, Amy, for my birthday!
Owl Be Yours
5. I’m in gift card heaven currently. Hello Starbucks, iTunes, Target, and Best Buy. I’m currently saving up for an iPad from Best Buy. Wheeeeeew. :)
1. I tried my luck at the casino yesterday since it was 11/11/11. I lost. Maybe I’ll try again next year on 12/12/12.
I cashed out with 10 cents left on the machine. I thought about taking it to the cashier to get my dime. But I decided that would be too sad.
2. It took me the whole episode of The Good Wife to recognize where I knew the red-headed attorney from.
It’s Arlene from True Blood!!
She’s way better on The Good Wife.
3. There’s a 90% chance that I’ll cry anytime I watch Grey’s Anatomy. This week was no exception. Henry!! Come back!!!
4. I made my bed this morning!! (I usually do, thank.you.very.much.)
What’s the black & white thing though?
Is that a lump?
This is how I find Haley almost every day. She’s such a considerate little pup. She somehow burrows under the cover while still maintaining the look of the made bed.
That takes talent.
5. This week I was at the grocery store one afternoon. I was walking around the produce section and suddenly I decided that maybe I should try sushi again. I’ve tried it about 5 times and each time it was a no-go. But once I get something in my head, there’s no turning back. So, I headed over to the sushi department and got a spicy tuna roll.
You guys…it was delicious!!!
I’m finally a hip, sushi lover…..10 years late to the party.
Guess who’s birthday it is??
I see you!
That’s a little better. I swear she loves to sleep completely submerged under layers of blankets.
Happy 9th birthday to my Haley girl!
Haley must have been worn out this day to sit still enough for petting.
She loves to eat.
Her birthday presents!
She likes the PB ice cream treats.
PLEASEeeeeeeeee give me a Beggin’ Strip. She goes bananas for these things!!
One of Haley’s favorite things to do is lay in the sun and graw on a chew bone.
Happy birthday to my sweet baby.
Mondays are not often oh happy days. They’re just…Mondays. Today was a pretty darn good day though.
I did a little shopping before heading home to make dinner.
1 can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
2 small cans low-sodium tuna, packed in water
salt & pepper to season
scallions for garnish
Serves 4. 290 calories per serving.
It was tasty!!
After dinner, Haley and I went for a walk and to get the mail.
Yes! It’s the giveaway I won on Julie’s Eats and Treats. It’s the first blog giveaway that I’ve ever won.
I received 2 Sunflower potholders, tongs, a berry colander, and a peeler. I was just looking for my peeler last week and couldn’t find it either. Score!
This berry colander is super cute too. Thanks again, Julie!!!
I also got a book in the mail today that I ordered.
I’ve heard so many wonderful things about Plate to Pixel. It’s no secret that I need HELP (and some inspiration) with my photography. And since I can’t hire Helene to be my personal food photographer, her book is the next best thing.
Finally, The Sporkful is one of my favorite podcasts to listen to on iTunes. They gave me a shout out on their blog today too. I’m pretty sure that I scared Haley when I started squealing tonight when I read it.
I must make some iced coffee to celebrate with tomorrow.
I’m out of coffee. How did this happen? I only have Orange White Tea. My Keurig order won’t come until early next week.
Can I go the whole weekend without coffee???
Heck no, I can’t! Starbucks to the rescue…with some perfect oatmeal for extra measure.
I paid for the lady’s coffee that was behind me in line too. It’s nice to put out some good karma every now and then.
Haley always sleeps completely submerged under the covers. I sometimes come in to uncover her head. She then gives me a look that she’s disgusted at me for disturbing her. Seriously…how does she BREATHE with her head under the covers??
Do you ever pay for a stranger’s coffee at Starbucks?
If you have a dog, does your dog have strange sleeping habits too?
Have a lovely Saturday morning!!