I recently went on an online Ulta spending spree!! They were having a sale & I caved. Some of the items are for Christmas presents though unless I crack and open them for myself.
Do you want to see what I bought? No, well then good day to you, sir.
And if yes, then we’re two peas in a pod! Come on over & we can experiment with make-up and paint our nails.
1. Philosophy body wash in Honey Buns & Spiced Gingerbread Cookie.
2. Butter London Glam Rock nail polish set
A lot of my nail polish is old…like I seriously needed to throw away a few bottles years ago old. I’m going to force myself to purge old bottles to make room for the new. Too bad I just bit off my nails recently. I’ll have to wait for them to grow out before I can try out these colors.
Eh, I probably needed this powder like I need a hole in the head. I usually use a tinted mineral veil, but that’s not shimmering!!
I’ve been using Lancome’s liquid eye liner for years. And while I really like it, it’s hard to apply it in a thin line. I wanted to try out a color other than black for a change, but if you’re going to do green eye liner, it needs to be a thin line. Also, I’m sure that 34 year olds shouldn’t wear green eye liner, but that’s a discussion to debate with myself internally another time.
This set is meant to be a gift. But oh, I really want to try that pecan sugar scrub!
So this is actually the only thing I intended to buy from Ulta. I’ve had my eye on it (no pun intended) for a long time. But $52?! I’ve heard wonderful things about the colors though. I’d previously went the cheaper route and gotten the Naked Basic instead. And while I do like it, I wanted more options.
Thank you for humoring me in my make-up post! If you see any of these items way way cheaper at Ulta on Black Friday, don’t tell me about it!
Let’s play catch-up, shall we?
1. A couple of months ago, I went to the Oddball Comedy Fest show to see Flight of the Conchords, Dave Chappelle, and others. This is the only picture I could check. Security was
on a power trip really strict about no photos during the show.
3. I went to Cleveland for work for a few days. Top on my list was going to Michael Symon’s B Spot restaurant. I was a bigger fan of the S’Mores milkshake than the burger. Yummmmm!
4. Several of us had a blogger meet-up date in South Austin. We went to a dive bar. Really divey…..the regulars were really into their shuffleboard. Unfortunately the smoke in there got to us quick, so we moved over to the Moontower Saloon which I loved.
5. I went to the One Republic & Sara Bareilles concert at the ACL Live theater. Great show!
6. I had brunch at Elizabeth Street Cafe with my friend, Bonnie. I should go to this restaurant more often. I’ve only been twice, but it’s charmed my socks off both times.
7. Haley girl turned 11 on September 30th! I had a sinus infection, so it was just a normal day for her. But I gave her lots of treats.
8. I went to Bath & Body Works this weekend to stock up on hand soap. The sweet clementine one is by far my favorite. Love it so much!!
I had every intention of bypassing the candles too. But the soap area had customers around it so I smelled some candles until they left. And once I saw the pumpkin pecan waffles one, I was a goner. It smells as good as it sounds!
9. I’m set for the holidays.
I was minding my own business recently. I’d just enjoyed a Chai Latte at Austin Java and was walking around downtown Austin. I suddenly stopped. “Buy one, get one 50% off accessories.” I was an immediate goner as soon as I walked into Francesca’s. I loved all of the pretty spring colors.
My loot that I got:
Seagreen/blue clutch with gold zipper detail
Light Seafoam oval bracelet
Pastel scarf — I like it when the store has already tied the scarf since I’m so bad at that. I need to watch some YouTube tutorials on scarf tying.
After my jewelry binge, I headed over to Ulta & Sephora.
I was looking for a new pastel nail polish to go with my other purchases. When I saw that this light purple shade was called “Julie“, it was a no-brainer.
I also got some Tarte Maracuja-C Brightener eye cream. I used to get enough eye creams in my Birchboxes that I was set, but I cancelled my subscription in December.
Have you made any fun purchases recently??
Shortly after I got back from Cleveland, I was off to Omaha to spend the weekend with my BFF Chris. I wanted to visit Chris in Omaha before he moved (back to Charlotte). And it didn’t hurt that Bryan Adams was in town for an acoustic concert. I love me some BA!!
It was a weekend filled with food, drink, shopping, and music. My favorites things! We checked out DJ’s Dugout Sports Bar, The Zin Room (yum!), and Upstream Brewing Company. I know we also went to an Irish bar that was in a basement and it kind of freaked me out…like I could see a random fight breaking out at any moment! So, it must have been an authentic Irish bar.
Chris lived right by the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge, which is also known as the Iowa/Nebraska bridge. I loved this bridge and part of town. This was the view from Chris’ balcony. Of course, I made him walk the bridge with me. Wait, I’m in Iowa…no I’m in Nebraska!
After our walk, we went to Aksarben Village to walk around the art festival. Aksarben = Nebraska spelled backwards…Google is a wonderful thing. The first thing on my agenda though was coffee!
I was immediately drawn to Jones Bros. Cupcakes. This place was a-jumpin’ too!
My favorite piece from the art festival.
My favorite stop in the Aksarben Village was by far the Luvbird Boutique. It was so cute!! I could have done a lot more damage in that store.
After trying & failing to get donuts on Saturday night, I still had donuts on the brain come Monday morning. So immediately after Chris got up on Monday morning, I said…let’s go get donuts!!
My last day in Omaha was spent shopping and gambling at the casino. We didn’t win any money. :/
Happy Hour at Roja Mexican Grill before the concert
En route to the concert
6th row for the concert! It was a great show…acoustic is the way to see Bryan Adams. It was my 3rd time seeing him and the best yet. And can’t wait to visit Chris again in Charlotte this time in 2013!
How was your Labor Day weekend??
I spent my weekend helping the economy by shopping! And watching 1000 episodes of The Hills. Seriously, I can’t believe I got sucked into the marathon on MTV, but I sure went for it.
Do you like when bloggers show you things they’ve recently bought? No—then yeah, you can go ahead and click off of this post. But I personally love it!
Geometric coffee cups
Yellow cereal bowls
Wooden bowls….good for chips or popcorn. I put one my desk to hold random change.
These smell so good! Philosophy “I Love Candy Corn” body wash/bubble bath; 2 candles from Target — Spiced Pumpkin Amaretto & Caramel Buttercream
Adding to my owl decor! Found the 3 larger owls at Marshall’s
Orange utensil caddy…it’s bright, I know…but…
…it goes pretty well with the orange in my Margaritaville machine.
Steve Madden purse
Jessica Simpson purse
I’m going out of town to Cleveland next week for work and wanted a new purse. I can’t decide which one to bring.
Do you have a preference between the 2 purses?
This past weekend, I went to the Austin Craft Riot at the Palmer Events Center. It’s like a big Etsy store under one roof! Okay, it wasn’t that big, but it was free admission so no complaints!
Here’s the loot that I got.
Spot o’ Tea necklace from Poppy and Fern. It was just too adorable not to get! I told the vendor, “I’m not sure why I’m so drawn to this necklace, but it just makes me smile!”
Recipe Book Stand from Hammer It Out
It’s one of those things that I’ve wanted for a while, but never thought of when I was out & about. So handy!
I’m in love with these tea towel from Fisk & Fern. It was hard to only pick two. Funny that I went for coffee when I’m trying to wean myself off caffeine…
Triangle earrings made from vintage tins cans from Fat Cat Studio. These earrings are way cooler than I am.
Necklace (I’ve already won it and gotten compliments.) from SoCoDivka Designs. I had the hardest time deciding what necklace to get from here. It was all so great! Now I’m lusting over this owl necklace from her vintage site.
1. I finally got on the Downton Abbey bandwagon this week! Please tell me that Mr. Bates and Anna get married!! When will MY Mr. Bates come into my life?! I may throw a temper tantrum if Season 2 Disc 1 isn’t in my mailbox tomorrow.
2. I’ve been dreaming of Trader Joe’s horseradish pub cheese since I had it at my friend, Sarah’s, in Charlotte. Sadly, there is no TJ’s in Austin (until next year!) But I did find Pub Cheese at Super Target this week!! Hot Buffalo Wing flavored pretzels dipped in pub cheese…DO IT!
3. After reading so many positive things about the Clarisonic, I bought one myself. I’ve always had bad skin, which at 33 years old is utterly unfair. Clarisonic, bring me a skin miracle!
4. I went to JCP this week to buy my Mom a Mother’s Day present. Annnnd, I bought myself this ring and 2 pairs of sunglasses. Loving the ring!
Don’t worry…I got Mom a present too.
5. I gave Haley a bath yesterday. Ha! Obviously, you can tell that she just looooooves baths. Hehehe. She will turn ignore me for the next 48 hours to punish me for her bath torture.
Have a great Cinco de Mayo / Kentucky Derby Day!
Happy Saturday, folks!!
Last month, I went to Dean & Deluca in Charlotte. For the 4 years that I lived there, I never went to Dean & Deluca. OMG, I was an idiot!! I was missing out! I really thought Dean & Deluca was just a coffee/wine shop. I had NO IDEA that it’s like a mini-Whole Foods!
Tons of different kinds of pepper jelly.
An abundance of roasted red peppers & artichoke hearts.
Love the colorful pasta!
Not all vanilla extract is the same…so I’ve been told…is it worth the price??
Somehow I managed to resist the cupcakes.
These maltballs were my favorite find!! I bought the pumpkin spice and the mint chip maltballs. The pumpkin spice were good, but I could take them or leave them. The mint chip maltballs were bonkers good!! I put them in the refrigerator for awhile and then they tasted like Girl Scouts Thin Mint cookies!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
1. I recently signed up for a Birchbox subscription. Once a month, you get a box with 4-5 beauty samples. It’s not practical, but it’s fun.
I got my first Birchbox this month. It had: Jouer lipgloss (the color is less harsh when you’re wearing it than in the tube), Juicy Couture perfume (which I’ve already used it all), Zoya nail polish (currently wearing it & liking it a lot), and some eye cream. Ladies can always use eye cream!!!
2. Self-serve froyo places are the BEST!
I could have gotten a separate bowl just for more Twix bars too.
3. I got the Camera+ app on my iPhone this week. I learned about it from Janetha. It’s awesome!!
My favorite Haley picture so far:
4. I got these cute Valentine’s Day towels from my friend, Amy, for my birthday!
Owl Be Yours
5. I’m in gift card heaven currently. Hello Starbucks, iTunes, Target, and Best Buy. I’m currently saving up for an iPad from Best Buy. Wheeeeeew. :)
Sunday was a GREAT day in Austin. I spent the day exploring the city and getting the vibe.
But first off, brunch!
Threadgill’s had been around since the 1930′s and it said to be where Janis Joplin got her start.
Dang. It’s that good.
What are sport peppers??? I tried to get my cousin’s son to try one, but he wasn’t brave enough. I googled it and sport peppers are typically added on Chicago style hot dogs. Now I know!
My brunch: potatoes, eggs, watermelon, sausage, biscuit & gravy. And coffee, of course!
They put tortilla chip strips on top of the eggs. Is the normal in Texas?? It was good, but didn’t necessarily add anything to them.
I enjoyed the vibe at Threadgill’s. There are pictures everywhere of different musicians that have played there. There was also a really nice Gospel band playing in the back room on Sunday. I would like to go back at night to hear other music and have some beers.
After brunch, I was off to spend the afternoon with my aunt Ann & uncle Bob!
One of the top things on my list…
The Whole Foods flagship store!!!!!! O.M.G. it’s so big and wonderful and magical.
I love sandwiches about as much as Joey from Friends.
Seriously?! It’s a never ending salad bar.
Holy Cow! Literally…holy cow…look at all of that cheese!
Between the wine tasting, beer tasting, and all the free sample stations…you can have a good time at Whole Foods!
Standing by all this fruit made me feel healthy. Ha!
Part two tomorrow…..with BATS!