I last posted a 2014 book tally back in June. At that time, I’d sadly only read 5 books. After that post, I got a library card which helped me get back on the reading train. I’m pleased with my progress.
1. This is Where I Leave You, by Jonathan Tropper
**Since posting about the book this summer, I have seen the movie too. I actually liked the movie better than the book!
2. Tender at the Bone, by Ruth Reichl
3. One More Thing, by BJ Novak
4. Where We Belong, by Emily Giffin
5. Ali in Wonderland, by Ali Wentworth
6. All the Summer Girls, Meg Donohue
7. Sharp Objects, Gillian Flynn
**it’s no Gone Girl, but I did like this book from Flynn as well. I also read that this book is going to possibly be made into a TV seriesd. (Side note: The Gone Girl movie is EXCELLENT, just as the book is.)
8. The Body Book, Cameron Diaz
**I lost 7 lbs since reading this book. I’ve since stalled out on my progress, but I got so much out of this book. I highlighted many passages that I’ve reread a lot.
9. Where’d You Go, Bernadette, Maria Semple
11. The Vacationers, Emma Straub
12. Cartwheel, Jennifer Dubois
13. Sisterland, Curtis Sittenfeld
14. Life After Life, Kate Atkinson
15. Life Drawing, Robin Black
16. The Goldfinch, Donna Tartt
18. Not That Kind of Girl, Lena Dunham
**Sadly, it was just okay to me. I was disappointed.
I am currently working on #19, Anthony Bourdain’s Medium Raw.
Of the ones read so far, I recommend #2, 8, 11, 13, 15, 16, and 17.
What are you currently reading?